2019-2020 Dance Season
Sept 9th– 1stDay of Dance
Oct 14th– Columbus Day
Nov 11th– Veteran’s Day
Nov 28th – Dec 1st– Thanksgiving Recess
Dec 23rd– Jan 1st– Winter Recess
Feb 14th– 17th– Presidents’ Weekend
April 10th– 19th– Spring Recess
May 22nd– 25th– Memorial Day Weekend
June 20th– Last Day of Dance
2019-2020 Dance Session
- There is an annual registration fee of $25 per student, $10 for each additional child in the family.
- Payment is due on or before the 10th of each month. All accounts must have a credit card on file however you may choose your form of payment through the 10th. Any late payments will result in a $20 late fee per month and your card on file will be charged. You will be held responsible for all fees for any returned checks. Returned checks are subject to a $30 Non-Sufficient Funds Fee.
- Registration may be paid at the front desk, over the phone or by mail. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. You may set up an automatic payment plan with a credit card or checking account.
- This price plan is the same for one student as it is for multiple students in the family to ensure the best rates possible, excluding our *Infinity pricing.
Private/Small Group Lessons
|# Dancers||NDM Dancer Price|
|# Dancers||Outside Dancer Price|
- * *A package of 4 solo lessons may be purchased for a reduced rate of $175 for NDM Dancers Only. Outside dancer 4 solo lessons price is $225.
- * Private lessons run for 45 minutes and must be paid and scheduled in advance.
Download (PDF) NDM 2019-2020 Reg Packet
Policies & Procedures – 2019 – 2020 Dance Season
Mandatory Dance Attire:
Ballet attire- Black leotard, pink tights, ballet flats, hair in bun
Hip hop- Free style clothing, no jeans, sneakers (specific pair dedicated to dance, no outside footwear allowed in studios)
All other styles- Any solid color leotard/crop/bra top, any color tights, no leggings
*Appropriate style shoes for each class are required and hair must be up
*Attire will be strictly enforced
Tuition is broken down on a monthly basis and must be paid on or before the 10th of the month. All accounts must have a credit card on file however you may choose your form of payment through the 10th. Any late payments will result in a $20 late fee per month and your card on file will be charged. You will be held responsible for all fees for any returned checks. Returned checks are subject to a $30 Non-Sufficient Funds Fee.
Each student is given a folder upon registration. This folder will contain all handouts throughout the year. It is your responsibility to check the filing cabinet daily to ensure all deadlines are met! This filing cabinet can be located on the second floor by the elevator.
Northeast Dance Movement will follow the Warwick Central School District school calendar precisely. To ensure safe traveling conditions, if school is closed, we will be closed, if there is a delay we will be open, if there is an early dismissal, all classes will be cancelled.
Add/Drop a Class:
Students are encouraged to take multiple classes and styles, however if a student wishes to add a class once recital choreography has begun, they must understand the class will continue at the pace it was at.
If a registered student wishes to drop a class during the year, they need to submit this request in writing by mail 30 days in advance. Failure to do so will result in continued billing. Missed classes will not be refunded; see Make-up policy.
Make-ups Classes (for sickness & snow days):
NDM allows students to take a make-up in any other class in your child’s age category/level. There are no refunds for missed classes. Make-ups must be done within 30 days. Make-up classes must be scheduled in advance. Make-up classes are NOT allowed during the months of May and June. There will be no refunds for missed classes, so make sure you attend a make-up class.
Absences can create disruptions in class sequence and can have impact on both your fellow students as well as your teachers. Please understand that the class should move progressively as a group and attendance can ensure this smooth journey, especially once choreography has begun. Company/Competition Teams: 3 unexcused absences subject to a probation period.
It is a huge responsibility of the teachers at NDM to evaluate the students throughout the year to ensure appropriate class placements. The students will have an opportunity to move up in level with the teacher’s recommendation only. If a student has been placed in a higher or lower level than their ability the teacher will adjust the placement accordingly. We do not move dancers up as a group but instead as individuals.
As many of the NDM students plan to take multiple classes, it is assumed they will spend extra time in the facility. NDM is not responsible for students who are not participating in a class, however they will have the lounge area to relax and work on homework all indoors. They will not have to leave the building for any reason.
Costumes are ordered moderately early to ensure great selection for the style of dance and theme of the recital. Once the costume orders are placed, there will be no refunds and you will be responsible for the balance in full even if you decide not to participate.